WMAHSN offers an enhanced membership scheme, with additional benefits, services and premium access, in return for a small contribution from organisations should they choose to do so. This will provide them with a series of tools and practical support methodologies to accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies and service approaches, delivering improved healthcare outcomes and economic growth.
The WMAHSN is also developing a Corporate Partnership scheme for larger industry members.
As well as all the benefits, features and networks of the standard membership, premium services for enhanced members comprise:
- Access to all WMAHSN expert networks:
- The Innovation and Adoption Network will focus on service design and delivery, for NHS providers and commissioners, academics and industry. Enhanced membership will also provide superior access to the Meridian online health innovation exchange, supporting the development of an innovation community, both in individual organisations and across the West Midlands region
- The Digital Health Network will concentrate on digital approaches to health service delivery and the effective management of data
- The Person-centred Care Network will focus on a person-centred approach to health service design and delivery for NHS providers and commissioners, academics and industry
- The Wealth Creation Network will offer facilitated industry innovation networking activity via the Commercial Hub
- The Clinical Trials and Device Evaluation Network will share expertise in specialist clinical trials and device evaluation
- The Patient Safety (Collaborative) Network will look at specialist patient safety, innovation and learning networks, including drug safety
- The Education and Skills Innovation Network offers facilitated education and skills, specialist innovation and learning networks
- The Mental Health Innovation Network will support the sharing and adoption of innovation in mental health at scale and pace across the region, with a view to demonstrating improvements in health and increased wealth.
- WMAHSN enhanced membership-only services, providing practical advice, support and a range of readymade tools to support providers, commissioners and researchers:
- Access to the opportunities for innovation process
- An enhanced communications package, including reduced sponsorship and advertising rates, joint PR opportunities and exhibition spaces.
Through the implementation of its membership scheme, WMAHSN expects the following benefits to be achieved:
- Engagement with industry at the highest level possible in order to resolve local health economy problems and create markets through a collaborative and solution-focused approach
- Creation of a health economy that is known for best practice in delivering high-quality healthcare and economic wealth for its population
- Provision of capacity and practical support to understand the best approach to the adoption of NICE guidelines and technical appraisals
- An increase in the number of regional homegrown and commercialised NHS ideas, from conception through to widespread adoption
- A reduction in the time it takes to implement innovations in order to realise patient outcomes, experience and service delivery benefits.
Current enhanced membership organisations
The following NHS trusts and academic institutions in the West Midlands are already part of our enhanced membership scheme:
To find out why these leading organisations joined our enhanced membership scheme, read our membership brochure or our handy membership on a page, or contact Farana Akhtar, Membership Co-ordinator, on 0121 371 8053.