West Midlands Mental Health Innovation Network
The overall aim of the West Midlands Mental Health Innovation Network (WMMHIN) is to support the sharing and adoption of innovation in mental health at scale and pace across the region, with a view to demonstrating improvements in health and increased wealth.
- Develop a programme of events, to discuss and disseminate international, national and regional innovations in mental health. The events will align to priority topics chosen by the network. Mental health crisis care will be visited regularly as a topic as it is a key priority for the West Midlands
- Encourage and support closer working between public sector clinicians and professionals, voluntary sector, patients, carers, industry and academics with an interest in mental health.
- Support the establishment of robust innovation infrastructure in NHS Mental Health organisations across the West Midlands.
- Support organisations within the West Midlands to spread internal and adopt external innovations at pace and scale.
- Support development of applications for regional, national and international innovation funding.
- Bi-monthly network events dedicated to a specific topic, decided by the network
- Monthly communication email including links to key resources and information relating to mental health innovations e.g. latest innovation funds
- Individual support for NHS mental health organisations to help them to establish their innovation infrastructure
- Individual support for organisations to enable spread of their specific innovations and support in adopting other innovations
- Annual conference
- Supported and guided by the Mental Health Advisory Group, which will meet bi-monthly.
The Mental Health Innovation Network events are to be held as follows:
For more information, contact Lily Singh or Blair Davis, Innovation Facilitators, on 0121 301 4343.