Wealth Creation Network
The WMAHSN operates the Wealth Creation Network on behalf of its industry members. The Wealth Creation Network encompasses the Commercial Hub, the Digital Health Quarter at the Serendip© incubator and the Industry Gateway.
The Commercial Hub
The Commercial Hub, which is based at the Institute of Translation Medicine (ITM) at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital site in Birmingham, is available for all our members and offers:
- Facilitated industry innovation networking activity focusing on our four priorities
- A clear regional gateway for life sciences and healthcare industry engagement
- Life sciences and healthcare economic development and growth, on behalf of the ITM itself, the West Midlands Combined Authority and Birmingham Health Partners (BHP), as well as for all stakeholders across the region
- Generic access for industry into the ITM, BHP and the West Midlands regional clinical and academic infrastructure
- Industry and private sector access to the region’s Meridian online health innovation exchange
- Marketing of West Midlands’ life sciences and healthcare excellence in order to attract foreign and national inward investment
- Access to finance, to support SMEs and encourage innovative start-up businesses, including the WMAHSN’s SME Innovation Fund, the Creative England Digital Health Fund, the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) Healthcare, the EIT Health KIC Head Start Fund and the EIT Health KIC Proof of Concept Fund.
Wealth creation, incubation, ideation and support: Serendip
Digital health start-up businesses who are looking to accelerate their growth are being sought to join others at the ground-breaking Serendip® incubator, based at Innovation Birmingham’s iCentrum building, will deliver a rich blend of disruptive innovation across four key sectors: Built Environment, Intelligent Mobility, the Internet of Things and Digital Health. WMAHSN is the partner in delivering the Digital Health Quarter, which offers incubation, acceleration and coaching for start-ups in the digital health industry.
The WMAHSN has seven enabling themes, including digital health, to deliver four West Midlands-specific priorities.Those wanting to apply for a place in the Digital Health Quarter will need to offer solutions which respond to one or more of the WMAHSN’s digital health challenges.
Industry Gateway opportunities for innovation
Through our Industry Gateway, managed by Medilink West Midlands, all members have full access to WMAHSN’s opportunities for innovation process, which is delivered through the Meridian online health innovation exchange and allows industry members to propose innovative solutions to deliver on our four priority areas and which may need investment to spread at scale and pace across the region.
For more information, contact Tony Davis, Commercial Director, on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 371 8061.