NHS England has today (13 July) launched Wave 1 of the NHS Innovation Challenge Prizes programme.
Wave 1 will comprise two challenge areas:
- Cancer care (£100,000, supported by MSD), which will recognise and award initiatives that exemplify the modern patient pathway in cancer, by demonstrating clear delivery of the new Cancer Strategy and Five Year Forward View through New Models of Care.
- Acorn challenge (£50,000, supported by NHS England), which seeks to recognise and reward small ideas that have the potential to make a big difference to patients.
Interested applicants can submit an online application form. All the shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a day to present their innovations and answer questions from a panel of ‘experts’ and other applicants.
The programme's key dates include:
- 14 September 2015: Programme closes for applications at 12 noon
- Early October 2015: Short listed applicants invited to assessment session by email
- 16 October 2015: Assessment Session: Acorn (30 minute slots between 10am - 5pm at Wellington House, London)
- 22 October 2015: Assessment Session: Cancer (30 minute slots from 10am - 5pm at Quarry House, Leeds)
- W/C 23 November 2015: Showcase Event and Award Ceremony for winners.
For more information, visit the NHS England website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.