Innovation and adoption
Our membership scheme has seven enabling themes to deliver four West Midlands-specific priorities, including digital health. The seven enabling themes have networks available to all members and three of the enabling themes have services tailored for our enhanced membership.
WMAHSN supports members in the West Midlands to overcome historic barriers to adopting innovation by forming closer links between the NHS, industry and academia, investing in trials and promotion and providing practical support to clinicians and managers in building the case for change. The innovation and adoption enabling theme has developed the infrastructure to improve the scale and speed of adoption of safe and effective healthcare across the West Midlands, including an Innovation and Adoption Network for all members and a comprehensive Innovation and Adoption Service as part of our enhanced membership.
Innovation and Adoption Network
The Innovation and Adoption Network is available for all our members and offers facilitated interactive learning networks focusing on service design and delivery, for providers, academics, industry and commissioners across our four priorities.
Innovation and Adoption Service
The service is only available as part of our enhanced membership and offers:
- Practical advice, support and a range of readymade innovation tools to support providers, commissioners and researchers in innovative approaches to healthcare commissioning, procurement and delivery.
- Access to the Industry Innovation Gateway, delivered by Medilink West Midlands, which offers a single entry point for all commercial and industrial enquiries and an integrated service to the regional Membership Innovation Councils, themes and clinical priorities in order to manage demand and maintain quality in the interactions.
- Full access to the EIT Health KIC innovation communities and the opportunity to bid for innovation funding.
- £5,000 membership of MidTECH, the technology transfer office for the NHS in the West Midlands, which offers intellectual property (IP) management, IP exploitation, strategy, policy and process advice, IP awareness and training, access to specialist services and networks, such as patent attorneys, solicitors, design development and prototyping, and assistance with funding bids and project management. For more information, contact James Turner, Senior Innovation Manager, on 0121 371 8042 or email email@example.com
- Premium access to the Meridian online innovation exchange, with a number of full access annual licences which will build an innovation culture within your organisation and a number of tools and resources
- Access to the medicines optimisation component of the service, where co-opted industry health economists and the WMAHSN pharmacy lead are developing a regional approach to the uptake of NICE recommendations and the adoption of innovative medicines.
Past and current programmes
To discuss this theme, contact Lucy Chatwin, Business Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 371 8061.