Active Ageing Conference – Move it or Lose it!
12 September 2017 ∙ Innovation Birmingham Limited, Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street, Birmingham Science Park, Aston, Birmingham B7 4BB
WMAHSN SME Innovation Fund winners Move it or Lose it! would like to invite you to their annual Active Ageing Conference, providing the latest research from renowned experts in the field of active ageing. This is a fantastic learning and professional development opportunity for all those working to help older adults enjoy active, healthier, happier lives.
The agenda includes:
- Keynote speaker - Dr Costas Karageorghis (author and Reader in Sport Psychology, Brunel University London) – I’ve Got The Power: Tapping the Power of Music for an Ageing Population
- Professor Janet Lord (Director of the MRC-ARUK Centre for Musculoskeletal Ageing Research, University of Birmingham) – The latest research giving you the confidence to promote active ageing
- Dr Thomas Jackson (Clinician Scientist and Visiting Consultant in Geriatric Medicine, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust) – Confusing confusion, understanding delirium
- Professor Susan Lanham-New (Head of Nutritional Sciences, University of Surrey and Scientific Adviser to the National Osteoporosis Society) – The vital role of nutrition in healthy ageing
- Dr Allison Smith – (Head of Strategy and Development at the Royal Voluntary Service) –‘Active Moves’ - reducing loneliness and promoting independence
- Julie Robinson (Founder of Move it or Lose it) – Engaging communities to transform the way we age.
The cost is £95, and refreshments and lunch are included. Tickets available at Move it or Lose it Conference.