Medicines contribute to 25% of the NHS carbon footprint and can have other environmental impacts including waterway pollution. This Community of Practice will be developed as a safe space to connect and network with other like-minded professionals from across the West Midlands to discuss medicines-related environmental sustainability topics. We will seek to share, and contribute learning and best practice to improve the considerable impact medicines have on the environment.
- Main discussion
- Discussion forum and sharing of members improvement projects.
- Close of session
Speaker: Nuala Hampson – Sustainable Pharmacy Network and Centre for Sustainable Healthcare
“Join us to hear more about sustainable pharmacy practice, network opportunities and engaging colleagues from this passionate environmental sustainability champion”
Nuala Hampson is a pharmacist with a background in education, general practice and, more recently, sustainable healthcare. Nuala has worked as a clinical pharmacist in general practice for over 20 years and postgraduate pharmacy education for 15 years. Nuala is passionate about sustainability and enabling others through positive action. She is the sustainability champion at the Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education, focusing on encouraging individual and organisational change, and is a member of Pharmacy Declares, a group of climate-conscious pharmacy professionals based in the UK. Nuala has recently joined the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare as lead facilitator for education.
This community of practice will:
- Provide a supportive environment to hear from and connect with other like-minded professionals from across the West Midlands to discuss medicines-related environmental sustainability topics.
- Provide a virtual platform for collaboration; to share challenges, successes, and resources to help pharmacy teams contribute to NHS Net Zero Targets and improve the environmental impact of medicines use.
Who should attend?
Pharmacy team members (Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and other pharmacy team members) with an environmental sustainability interest including
- Primary care pharmacy team members
- Care home pharmacy team members
- Community pharmacy team members
- Secondary care pharmacy team members
We would welcome representation from across the many specialist areas of pharmacy in order to share best practice for example renal, respiratory, stores, procurement, aseptic services, surgery and theatres.
Accessing the Session:
You will receive joining instructions 1-2 days before the event. If you do not receive these, please contact email@example.com.
Please forward this invite to any colleagues who would be interested in attending the event. Alternatively, if you are unable to attend this event but would like to receive notification about future meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.